We all have our simple pleasures in life. For me, not much can compare to a spoonful of peanut butter.
I started keeping a jar of peanut butter on hand at work and I’ve already taken a spoonful out of it as I type. It’s quite effective when I need a snack fix.
There are so many ways to love peanut butter (marshmallow fluff, bananas, or honey are my pairing preferences). I’ve always enjoyed the superfood, but I started loving it all the more when I had a weight loss a year ago. I lost over 60 pounds on a diet and peanut butter was one of two foods I highly craved, the other was cheese. Absence made the heart grow way, WAY fonder.
Snacks likes candy and mints can be seen on display for the taking in homes and offices, or they can be hidden. Where are some spots a peanut butter jar can be stored besides the usual pantry or kitchen cabinet that I can have easy access to? After explaining my infatuation, I’ve come up with better placements.
1. Office drawer: This should not come of a surprise since I mentioned I keep peanut butter handy at work. Also just as handy is Nutella. Usually once a day a spoonful happens and choosey Haley chooses smooth. Crunchy is for sammies, smooth is for spoons.
2. Bedside table: Many need their cup of coffee or tea in the morning, whereas I could do well with peanut butter. If I’m feeling a cold coming on I’ll take a shot of peanut butter instead cough syrup – haven’t tried it, but it could work! No archibutyrophobia (fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth) here.
3. Gym locker: In need a protein boost after a workout? Peanut butter’s good guy fats are to the rescue. PB contains over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients. Along with that protein, it’s a good source of B vitamins and nutrients that help prevent “brain fatigue”.(Another good reason to keep a jar of peanut butter at work.)
4. Car glove box: Yeah it’ll fit in there and you’ll have enough time to sample some when stopped by a train, stuck in traffic or stuck anywhere. Include some crackers too.
5. Coffee table bowls: Why not decorate that glass coffee bowl you have sitting out with just jars of peanut butter? Fake fruit, plants, and potpourri are overrated.
Honorable Mentions: Hanging flower pot, shoebox organizer under the bed, computer tower stand inside of an IKEA desk, linen closet, fish tackle box, medicine cabinet.