Solitude, Reflection and Momentum. Those are the themes of Middlebury-based Grand Design’s display for Elkhart RV Open House Week next week, but they aren’t abstract concepts.
Grand Design is showing off their new Reflection and Momentum models alongside their established Solitude fifth-wheel line at the company’s display, their first since starting production earlier this year.
The company is rolling out four new floorplans altogether, and Micah Staley, general manager of the Reflection brand for Grand Design, said the company’s really excited about the Reflection mid-profile’s features, including:
• Grand Design’s innovative Deep Bedroom Slide, which allows for twice the floor space as conventional fifth wheels.
• 6’ 5” master bedroom ceiling
• Full walk-in wardrobe closet with washer and dryer prep.
• Walk-in residential-size shower with all-curved glass front.
• Massive oversized pass-through lower storage bay.
• Exclusive full-height kitchen pantry
• Solid-surface countertops
• Solid select hand-rubbed maple cabinets.
• Reclining theater seating.
• LED HD TV.
Staley said the unit is easily towed with a three-quarter-ton pickup truck.
Don Clark, president of Grand Design, said, “Micah Staley joined the Grand Design team in February of this year. Micah’s stellar reputation for innovative design and attention to detail is well known throughout the industry. Micah has totally exceeded our expectations with his creation of the new Reflection brand. Dealers have already communicated their excitement over the new Reflection.”
Clark also said, “General Manger Marc Hauser’s rock-solid Solitude brand and his new Momentum luxury toy hauler fifth wheel are guaranteed to turn heads at the upcoming show. We are anticipating a very exciting open house and look forward to hearing our dealers’ feedback and comments at the upcoming open house.”
Grand Design is sharing space with Tiffin, the Alabama luxury motorhome manufacturer. The companies will be along the entrance drive to the RV/MH Hall of fame Sept. 17-19.