On Wednesday, I asked readers to contribute six-word restaurant reviews for a chance at Greater Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church barbecue tickets.
Here are the 29 entries, though several people entered more than once.
|Name||Write a six-word restaurant review.||What restaurant or eatery is the review about?|
|Robert Kurtz||50 Shades of Pepperoni-Spicy fun||Antonio’s|
|Jon Larocque||Smurfs and Salads makes Buns Good||Between the buns|
|Rosemary Clarkson||sexy,hot waitresses one dollar beer||Oaken Bucket|
|Sharon Gillis||Cajun mardi gras with bayou view.||Fat Cam’s at Garver Lake|
|Jeff Miles||Great Burgers, fries and Beer!!!!!!!||Miles Lab|
|Sue Floor||LOVE their Pizza. Best ever made.||Colombo’s|
|Mike Hershberger||Healthy, satisfying, comfortable; it’s really chicken.||Jade Garden (either of them)|
|Mike Hershberger||Formerly outside the Elkhart comfort zone.||Bangkok Thai|
|Garry Asmus||“That is a small hamburger?”||Hide-Away Bar …..Niles Mich|
|EricFree||For beginners, Tots to die for.||Richee B’s|
|Jennifer Lamb||I’ve been there, I’ve done that.||Callahans|
|Priscilla Jamora||Conjures gustoso memories of Cinque Terra.||Per Bacco|
|Priscilla Jamora||I now desire fontina on fire!||523 Tap and Grill|
|Priscilla Jamora||My German grandmother makes better linguine.||Fat Tomato|
|Priscilla Jamora||Lots of white people eating nachos.||Hacienda|
|Priscilla Jamora||Decent fair fare minus fair crowds.||Simonton Lake Drive In|
|Cindy||I can do so much better!||Applebees|
|Jeannette Hughes||Local food, craft beer, springy waitstaff.||Constant Spring|
|Sonny Carreno||Latin American tour inside a cornhusk.||Chicken Tamales with Green Chili sauce|
|Tony Jamora||Expensive Taco Bell for caucasian gatherings.||Hacienda|
|Joel Leichty||Fish Tacos! (Only need two words.)||Los Primos|
|Merlin Miller||tiquitos appetizer best meal this year||Los Primos|
|Jami||Mexican that doesn’t taste like dogfood||Mod Mex|
|David Glasgow||Smoke. Great conversation. BBQ so good.||Greater Bethlehem Church|
|Dawn||Delicious homemade pizza served with smiles.||Jimtown Pizza|
|Christine Kennel||Dear Hacienda, Glorified ketchup ain’t salsa.||Hacienda|
|Janey||salad without lettuce – yum||Sports Time Bar|
|Terry Wiley||Volcano Pizza pleases plenty of people.||Volcano Pizza|
You can tell me your favorites, but here are my top five:
1. “Fish Tacos! (Only need two words.),” by Joel Leichty on Los Primos. This made me hungry. And now I want those fish tacos at the Goshen taqueria. And Joel is very funny.
2. “Formerly outside the Elkhart comfort zone,” by Mike Hershberger of Bangkok Place. He’s right and says it well. It took Elkhart a long time to get a Thai restaurant and the six words describe that well.
3. “Dear Hacienda, Glorified ketchup ain’t salsa,” by Christine Kennel on Hacienda. Again, it’s to the point and yet sais a lot.
4. “My German grandmother makes better linguine,” by Pricilla Jamora on Fat Tomato. It’s a harsh review of the Elkhart restaurant and the restaurant isn’t make its own pasta, but the six words are well-used.
5. “That is a small hamburger?” by Garry Asmus on Hide-Away Bar in Niles. It’s only five words and I know it’s a big hamburger. Love. it.
Honorable mention goes to Eric Free, the retired Concord Junior High School English teacher (who invited me to Florida but that’s beside the point.) I don’t know what Richee B’s is in Florida, but it has tater tots.
And I’d give honorable mention to Robert Kurtz and Jon Larocque for evocative reviews as well.
There were other good lines. Thanks for the contributions.
Congrats to winners. You’ll get an email with details on how to pick up your tickets.